This FSU Graduate with a degree in hospitality knows how to put together a restaurant with knowledge in menus, drinks and service! Doug has overall responsibility for multi-unit development and daily operations of full service, upscale dining in the Southeast market. Concept creation and implementation for new and existing properties consisting of upscale steakhouse, historical tavern, sports grill, private country clubs, conference center and large scale catering.
- Atlanta - Vino Venue, The Gathering Spot, Winchester Woodfire Grill, Featherstone’s, Silver Spoon Café, Bogey’s Sports Grill, Center Cut Catering, BridgeMill Athletic Club, Big Canoe
- Napa/San Francisco - Mustards, Tra Vigne, Fog City Diner
- Chattanooga - Buckhead Roadhouse
- Florida Pan Handle – Spinnaker’s Panama City
Florida State University - Hotel and Restaurant Administration
- Atanta’s Table – Atlanta Community Food Bank – Board Member 15 years
- National Restaurant Association, Georgia Restaurant Association - Member
- Boys and Girls Club of America- Cherokee - Board Member 13 years
- Chamber of Commerce – Cherokee – Board Member
Janet brings fun and experience to the Tavern with her extensive skills in Event Planning. She has been owner of O'Brien Productions in Kennesaw, Georgia since 1988 and thus, her knowledge of the hospitality industry is hard to beat. O'Brien Productions produces over 500 events a year throughout the Southeast. Including the Inaugural Ball for Governor Deal, company picnics for over 15,000 people for General Motors, and Lockhead Family Day. Many Galas and Social events including the American Cancer Society Swordsman Ball, Wellstar Gala, The Art Ball , Boys and Girls Club Dancing with the Stars and The Steeplechase . But you are also likely to find her in your neighborhood helping a client with a graduation or wedding event. These special touches will be put to work at the private events and classes offered at the Tavern.
Dan's organizational skills and accounting aptitude has been derived from many years in Commercial Banking and Real Estate. Dan and his wife, Janet have lived in Townelake Hills East since 1996. Their two children, Madison and Chandler gradated from Etowah High School. But if you have lived in this area for any time - you would have seen Dan helping out by being the DJ for Homecoming Dances, field days, Proms, pool parties and award banquet. Dan is using the skills from the Banking and combing the fun of the DJ to make the perfect GM for the Tavern.